- 9 months +
- gluten free
This slow-cooking method creates a concentrated, rich, and delicious taste that brings out the sweetness of the vegetables. The protein in tahini provides both taste and nutrition; use as a spread on bread or crackers.
You will need
- ½ teaspoon sesame or olive oil
- 3 cups vegetables, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt for 12 months+
Yellow squash, butternut squash, onion, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, parsnips.
- Heat oil in skillet, and sauté vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Add water and salt (if using), and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook over low heat for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Use a heat diffuser to prevent burning.
- Add more water while cooking, if necessary.
- Remove from heat and let vegetables cool.
- After the vegetables cool, add tahini and puree until smooth, adding more water, if necessary, when blending.