- 12 months +
- 1 (8-inch) cake
This cake is very easy to make. Because couscous is not as refined as flour, and because the cake is moist instead of dry, it is more digestible than baked cakes or cookies. Couscous is a wheat product, so wait until 12 months to offer your child to prevent risk of gluten allergies.
You will need
- 2 ½ cups apple juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup couscous
- ¼ cup unsulfured raisins
- Bring juice to a boil in pot, and add raisins and sea salt.
- Stir in couscous, and boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and pour into an 8-inch round or square cake pan.
- After couscous cools, the grains gel together so you can cut the cake into pieces for serving.
- Leave out the raisins and serve with a fruit kuzu sauce.
- Substitute dried fruits, such as apricots, cherries, or blackberries
Did you make this recipe? Leave a comment below and tell us what you think!